According to Emigration Act 1983, Indian citizens are not supposed to migrate unless he obtains emigration clearance from Protector of Emigrants. Similarly, it has been recognized that 17 countries do not have strict laws regulating the entry and employment of foreign nationals. Also They don’t provide avenues for grievance redressal. Thus they have been categorized as (Emigration Check Required) “ ECR” countries.
17 ECR Countries are Yemen, Kuwait, Bahrain, Sudan, Afghanistan, Thailand, Iraq, Indonesia, Syria, Lebanon, UAE, KSA ,Qatar, Oman, Malaysia, Libya, Jordan. Hence the one who is having ECR endorsed passports and going to any of the 17 ECR countries for taking up employment require emigration clearance. If the individual having ECR passport, POE office will paste the Emigration Clearance sticker, one can approach POE office himself or through a Recruiting Agent. ECR Endorsements on the passports will be stamped by the Regional Passport Officers.
NON-ECR category is big question to everyone for applying passport. are you searching for what is non-ecr category and Non-ECR category means, are you eligible for Non-ECR category or not? now your search is over.
What is Non-ECR Category?
The below mentioned passport categories will come under Non-ECR status.
If the passport has not mentioned as ECNR and the one whose passport is not endorsed as ECR, automatically belong to ECNR category. ECR passport holders going to any ECR country for purposes other than employment don’t require emigration clearance certificate. To know the list of Non-ECR countries
The one who is belongs to any of the below comes under NON-ECR
- All Diplomatic / Official Passports passport holders.
- All the Gazetted Government servants.
- Income-tax payers (including Agricultural Income tax payees) in their individual capacity.
- Professional degree holders (Doctors holding M.B.B.S. degrees or Degrees in Ayurved or Homeopathy, Chartered Accountants, Accredited Journalists, Engineers, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates etc)
- Spouses, dependent children of category of persons listed from (2) to (4)points.
- The one who is having educational qualification of matriculation and above.
- Seamen who is titled as CDC or Sea Cadets, Desk Cadets (a)The one who passed final examination of three years B.Sc. Nautical Sciences Courses at T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai and (b) The one who has undergone three months Pre-sea training at any of the training institutes approved by Government such as T.S. Chanakya, T.S. Rehman, T.S. Jawahar,(SCI) MTI and NIPM, Chennai after production of the identity cards issued by Shipping Master, Chennai/Mumbai/ Calcutta.
- The one who is holding permanent immigration Visas, such as the visas of,Australia,UK and USA .
- One who is possessing two years’ diploma from any National Council recognized institute for Vocational Training (NCVT) or State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT) or the one who is holding three years diploma/equivalent degree from institutions like Polytechnics recognized by State/Central Governments.
- All the nurses possessing qualification recognized under Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
- One who is above the age of 50 years.
- If a person staying abroad for more than three years (this period of three years could be either in one stretch or broken) & their spouses.
- Children up to the age of 18 years. (At the time of re-issue at age of 18 years, ECR stamping would be done, if applicable).
Who eligible for Non-ECR Category and what option we choose for applying for passport?
Who passed 10nth class or matriculation keep YES on NoN-ECR option and also Govt Employee's also keep Yes on (NON-ECR) option but they have to submit NOC Certificate
NoN-ECR YES (10nth class and above)
NON-ECR No (below 10nth class)Below 10nth class or Matriculation who failed 10nth class Keep No on (NON-ECR) option.
Documents Required for NON-ECR: Documents for NON-ECR
Non-ECR Category (Video) What Option We need to choose in Passport?
Related Post on Passport(Non-ECR Category):
- How to apply Fresh Passport\Re-issue Passport? Click Here
- How to apply Fresh Passport\Re-issue Passport Offline?: Click Here
- How to apply Fresh Passport\Re-issue Passport Online? Click Here
- What Documents Required for applying Passport? Click Here
- How to Pay and Schedule for Passport? Click Here